Dead Space 2 screams to number one spot in UK charts
Dismembering action-horror shooter Dead Space 2 has crept to the top of the UK all-formats chart.
Although the PlayStation 3 version sports a free, Move-enabled copy of Dead Space: Extraction, it still failed to shift as many copies as the Xbox 360 edition. Microsoft's console accounted for 56% of total sales, PS3 picked up 40% and the remaining 4% went on PC.
All in all it was a bumper week for Visceral's creepy sequel. Launch sales were 70% higher than for Dead Space 1.
Elsewhere, LittleBigPlanet 2 hung on to second spot, with EA's mighty football sim FIFA 11 taking third. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was fourth, with Call of Duty: Black Ops at five.
The rest of the top ten was rounded out by Just Dance 2, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Wii Fit Plus and Art Academy. The ridiculously popular Just Dance popped back into the top 10 at number 10. Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light