Dead Space 2 screams to number one spot in UK charts
Dismembering action-horror shooter Dead Space 2 has crept to the top of the UK all-formats chart.
Although the PlayStation 3 version sports a free, Move-enabled copy of Dead Space: Extraction, it still failed to shift as many copies as the Xbox 360 edition. Microsoft's console accounted for 56% of total sales, PS3 picked up 40% and the remaining 4% went on PC.
All in all it was a bumper week for Visceral's creepy sequel. Launch sales were 70% higher than for Dead Space 1.
Elsewhere, LittleBigPlanet 2 hung on to second spot, with EA's mighty football sim FIFA 11 taking third. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was fourth, with Call of Duty: Black Ops at five.
The rest of the top ten was rounded out by Just Dance 2, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Wii Fit Plus and Art Academy. The ridiculously popular Just Dance popped back into the top 10 at number 10. Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3