Dead Space 2 screams to number one spot in UK charts
Dismembering action-horror shooter Dead Space 2 has crept to the top of the UK all-formats chart.
Although the PlayStation 3 version sports a free, Move-enabled copy of Dead Space: Extraction, it still failed to shift as many copies as the Xbox 360 edition. Microsoft's console accounted for 56% of total sales, PS3 picked up 40% and the remaining 4% went on PC.
All in all it was a bumper week for Visceral's creepy sequel. Launch sales were 70% higher than for Dead Space 1.
Elsewhere, LittleBigPlanet 2 hung on to second spot, with EA's mighty football sim FIFA 11 taking third. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was fourth, with Call of Duty: Black Ops at five.
The rest of the top ten was rounded out by Just Dance 2, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Wii Fit Plus and Art Academy. The ridiculously popular Just Dance popped back into the top 10 at number 10. Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer