Dead Space 2 screams to number one spot in UK charts
Dismembering action-horror shooter Dead Space 2 has crept to the top of the UK all-formats chart.
Although the PlayStation 3 version sports a free, Move-enabled copy of Dead Space: Extraction, it still failed to shift as many copies as the Xbox 360 edition. Microsoft's console accounted for 56% of total sales, PS3 picked up 40% and the remaining 4% went on PC.
All in all it was a bumper week for Visceral's creepy sequel. Launch sales were 70% higher than for Dead Space 1.
Elsewhere, LittleBigPlanet 2 hung on to second spot, with EA's mighty football sim FIFA 11 taking third. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was fourth, with Call of Duty: Black Ops at five.
The rest of the top ten was rounded out by Just Dance 2, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Wii Fit Plus and Art Academy. The ridiculously popular Just Dance popped back into the top 10 at number 10. Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year