Dead Space 2 screams to number one spot in UK charts
Dismembering action-horror shooter Dead Space 2 has crept to the top of the UK all-formats chart.
Although the PlayStation 3 version sports a free, Move-enabled copy of Dead Space: Extraction, it still failed to shift as many copies as the Xbox 360 edition. Microsoft's console accounted for 56% of total sales, PS3 picked up 40% and the remaining 4% went on PC.
All in all it was a bumper week for Visceral's creepy sequel. Launch sales were 70% higher than for Dead Space 1.
Elsewhere, LittleBigPlanet 2 hung on to second spot, with EA's mighty football sim FIFA 11 taking third. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was fourth, with Call of Duty: Black Ops at five.
The rest of the top ten was rounded out by Just Dance 2, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Wii Fit Plus and Art Academy. The ridiculously popular Just Dance popped back into the top 10 at number 10. Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
Stats courtesy of Chart Track.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto