Rez in-all-but-name sequel planned
Former Sega game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi has announced plans for a new Rez-style game, to be created by his newly formed Q Entertainment development studio. The new title, sequel to Rez in all but name, would probably be developed for either the Nintendo DS or the Sony PSP - possibly both. Mizuguchi's creation may be announced 'officially' at E3 or "next year", according to comments from the designer to GameSpot.
The former Sega man's words also suggest he is enjoying the independent life free from corporate constraints, commenting "When I was with UGA, if I made a presentation and Sega said 'No' then it was over. Now, you know, I can take that presentation somewhere else." He also waxed lyrical upon wanting to take more design risks to create more innovative titles, blaming the "conservative mind-set" of the industry for constricting creativity and haemorrhaging originality - a sentiment most would agree with.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year