Rez in-all-but-name sequel planned
Former Sega game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi has announced plans for a new Rez-style game, to be created by his newly formed Q Entertainment development studio. The new title, sequel to Rez in all but name, would probably be developed for either the Nintendo DS or the Sony PSP - possibly both. Mizuguchi's creation may be announced 'officially' at E3 or "next year", according to comments from the designer to GameSpot.
The former Sega man's words also suggest he is enjoying the independent life free from corporate constraints, commenting "When I was with UGA, if I made a presentation and Sega said 'No' then it was over. Now, you know, I can take that presentation somewhere else." He also waxed lyrical upon wanting to take more design risks to create more innovative titles, blaming the "conservative mind-set" of the industry for constricting creativity and haemorrhaging originality - a sentiment most would agree with.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey