Rez in-all-but-name sequel planned
Former Sega game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi has announced plans for a new Rez-style game, to be created by his newly formed Q Entertainment development studio. The new title, sequel to Rez in all but name, would probably be developed for either the Nintendo DS or the Sony PSP - possibly both. Mizuguchi's creation may be announced 'officially' at E3 or "next year", according to comments from the designer to GameSpot.
The former Sega man's words also suggest he is enjoying the independent life free from corporate constraints, commenting "When I was with UGA, if I made a presentation and Sega said 'No' then it was over. Now, you know, I can take that presentation somewhere else." He also waxed lyrical upon wanting to take more design risks to create more innovative titles, blaming the "conservative mind-set" of the industry for constricting creativity and haemorrhaging originality - a sentiment most would agree with.
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced