Rez in-all-but-name sequel planned
Former Sega game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi has announced plans for a new Rez-style game, to be created by his newly formed Q Entertainment development studio. The new title, sequel to Rez in all but name, would probably be developed for either the Nintendo DS or the Sony PSP - possibly both. Mizuguchi's creation may be announced 'officially' at E3 or "next year", according to comments from the designer to GameSpot.
The former Sega man's words also suggest he is enjoying the independent life free from corporate constraints, commenting "When I was with UGA, if I made a presentation and Sega said 'No' then it was over. Now, you know, I can take that presentation somewhere else." He also waxed lyrical upon wanting to take more design risks to create more innovative titles, blaming the "conservative mind-set" of the industry for constricting creativity and haemorrhaging originality - a sentiment most would agree with.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title