Star Wars: The Old Republic not due till September?
It has been suggested that Bioware's epic Star Wars MMO may arrive a bit later than EA has currently indicated.
According to MCV development sources have said that rather than arriving in the spring as expected Star Wars: The Old Republic is more likely to be released in September.
To date the game is believed to have cost as much as 300 million USD and Bioware have said that it boasts "more content than Mass Effect one and two, Dragon Age, Knights of the Old Republic and Baldur's Gate put together".
One disgruntled Mythic employee said that the game would be the biggest flop in the history of MMOs and Bigpoint boss Heiko Hubertz told the London Games Conference last October that he was unsure how EA would ever make a profit on SWTOR.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3