Unreal Engine 3 confirmed for the PSP 2 by Epic
The Unreal Engine 3 has been confirmed for Sony's next generation of handheld console, codenamed the NGP.
At today's reveal in Tokyo the NGP was shown with both Android and iPhone title Dungeon Defenders and the latest version of the Epic Citadel tech demo running on it.
Epic's Mark Rein said later on Twitter: "Our NGP demos were 100 per cent live real-time demos with Josh Adams at the controls of an NGP dev kit backstage while Tim spoke. Can't wait for people to see how good our demo looks on the actual NGP screen. Way, way better than it looks on a giant projection screen."
Sony say the NGP will be available by the end of 2011 as rumours from the end of 2010 suggested.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One