Unreal Engine 3 confirmed for the PSP 2 by Epic
The Unreal Engine 3 has been confirmed for Sony's next generation of handheld console, codenamed the NGP.
At today's reveal in Tokyo the NGP was shown with both Android and iPhone title Dungeon Defenders and the latest version of the Epic Citadel tech demo running on it.
Epic's Mark Rein said later on Twitter: "Our NGP demos were 100 per cent live real-time demos with Josh Adams at the controls of an NGP dev kit backstage while Tim spoke. Can't wait for people to see how good our demo looks on the actual NGP screen. Way, way better than it looks on a giant projection screen."
Sony say the NGP will be available by the end of 2011 as rumours from the end of 2010 suggested.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May