Unreal Engine 3 confirmed for the PSP 2 by Epic
The Unreal Engine 3 has been confirmed for Sony's next generation of handheld console, codenamed the NGP.
At today's reveal in Tokyo the NGP was shown with both Android and iPhone title Dungeon Defenders and the latest version of the Epic Citadel tech demo running on it.
Epic's Mark Rein said later on Twitter: "Our NGP demos were 100 per cent live real-time demos with Josh Adams at the controls of an NGP dev kit backstage while Tim spoke. Can't wait for people to see how good our demo looks on the actual NGP screen. Way, way better than it looks on a giant projection screen."
Sony say the NGP will be available by the end of 2011 as rumours from the end of 2010 suggested.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year