Unreal Engine 3 confirmed for the PSP 2 by Epic
The Unreal Engine 3 has been confirmed for Sony's next generation of handheld console, codenamed the NGP.
At today's reveal in Tokyo the NGP was shown with both Android and iPhone title Dungeon Defenders and the latest version of the Epic Citadel tech demo running on it.
Epic's Mark Rein said later on Twitter: "Our NGP demos were 100 per cent live real-time demos with Josh Adams at the controls of an NGP dev kit backstage while Tim spoke. Can't wait for people to see how good our demo looks on the actual NGP screen. Way, way better than it looks on a giant projection screen."
Sony say the NGP will be available by the end of 2011 as rumours from the end of 2010 suggested.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year