PSP 2 unveiled by Sony, codenamed the NGP
Sony finally unveiled the much rumoured PSP 2 at a mid-afternoon press conference in Tokyo today, confirming that it will arrive at the end of this year.
The new handset boasts the most processing power of any handheld, a high-definition 5-inch OLED touch screen on the front of the machine, a touchpad on the back, two analog thumbsticks, cameras in the front and the back and a built-in microphone.
The NGP is also kitted out with extensive communication technologies. It is equipped with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and even features 3G connectivity.
Sony has also ditched the much-maligned UMD format in favour of a new proprietary flash memory card which will not only store games but have free space to store future DLC on the cards as well.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny