PSP 2 unveiled by Sony, codenamed the NGP
Sony finally unveiled the much rumoured PSP 2 at a mid-afternoon press conference in Tokyo today, confirming that it will arrive at the end of this year.
The new handset boasts the most processing power of any handheld, a high-definition 5-inch OLED touch screen on the front of the machine, a touchpad on the back, two analog thumbsticks, cameras in the front and the back and a built-in microphone.
The NGP is also kitted out with extensive communication technologies. It is equipped with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and even features 3G connectivity.
Sony has also ditched the much-maligned UMD format in favour of a new proprietary flash memory card which will not only store games but have free space to store future DLC on the cards as well.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey