Kaos staff worried about the studio's future after Homefront releases
The staff at New York based Homefront developer, Kaos, seem to be concerned about what will happen to their jobs once their new FPS title releases later this year.
Anonymous sources have raised concerns the, should the game do badly they may lose their jobs altogether or, if it is a success, they may be forced to relocate to THQ's new studio facilities in Montreal.
A source said: "If [Homefront] does poorly will we be laid off? If the game does well and we keep our jobs do we get to stay in New York? As you can imagine all of these questions weigh heavily on our minds, and even more so for those with kids in school, houses, family, spouses with jobs in the area, etcetera. After crunch time is over who wants to be told they have to move to another country or they have been laid off?"
Kaos general manager David Votypka responded saying: "This is certainly a concern I am aware of at Kaos, and have taken questions from the staff about it on a number of occasions."
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat