Rockstar dates LA Noire for release
Rockstar Games has announced the release date for their eagerly awaited film noire inspired title LA Noire.
LA Noire is being developed at Team Bondi and includes cutting edge facial animation technology Motionscan which uses 32 HD cameras to accurately pick up actor's facial performances making the game's facial animations the most realistic to date.
The game follows Cole Phelps as he rises through the ranks of the LAPD solving a series of grisly homicides and other crimes in the seedy underbelly of the Golden Age of Hollywood.
Rockstar's Sam Houser said: "L.A. Noire breaks new ground for us. Its intense blend of action and real detective work defies genre conventions to create a unique and captivating thriller."
LA Noire will arrive in North America on May the 17th and Europe on May the 20th for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer