Bethesda: We own the rights to a Fallout MMO
The dispute between Interplay and Bethesda over who owns the rights to develop an MMO based on the Fallout franchise continues with new comments on the matter from both sides.
Bethesda's Peter Hines has explained to VG247 that they own "all things Fallout" but Interplay boss Eric Caen has different ideas.
Hines said: "We own the rights to the MMO. We own the rights to everything Fallout. The licence is ours. Fallout belongs to us. Thats what Ill clarify. Beyond that, Im not commenting on anybody elses comments. Its a legal matter. A specific MMO or project or any of that stuff, the lawyers are all going to sort it out."
Caen responded saying: "We sold the Fallout IP to Bethesda in exchange for a certain amount of cash and the right to do the Fallout MMO. If they refuse to let us do the game, then the sale of the IP is terminated, and they will be allowed to do only one more Fallout, 5. The original licensing deal was for three games and their DLC. So they already did Fallout 3, then Fallout: New Vegas, and they can only do one more Fallout, 5, if the sale of the IP is cancelled by the court."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey