Bethesda: We own the rights to a Fallout MMO
The dispute between Interplay and Bethesda over who owns the rights to develop an MMO based on the Fallout franchise continues with new comments on the matter from both sides.
Bethesda's Peter Hines has explained to VG247 that they own "all things Fallout" but Interplay boss Eric Caen has different ideas.
Hines said: "We own the rights to the MMO. We own the rights to everything Fallout. The licence is ours. Fallout belongs to us. Thats what Ill clarify. Beyond that, Im not commenting on anybody elses comments. Its a legal matter. A specific MMO or project or any of that stuff, the lawyers are all going to sort it out."
Caen responded saying: "We sold the Fallout IP to Bethesda in exchange for a certain amount of cash and the right to do the Fallout MMO. If they refuse to let us do the game, then the sale of the IP is terminated, and they will be allowed to do only one more Fallout, 5. The original licensing deal was for three games and their DLC. So they already did Fallout 3, then Fallout: New Vegas, and they can only do one more Fallout, 5, if the sale of the IP is cancelled by the court."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light