Call Of Duty: Ghosts stuttering on PS4 caused by the frame rate jumping above 60fps
Interesting news has emerged on the stuttering frame rate that Call Of Duty: Ghosts players are experiencing on the PS4.
It has been reported that Call Of Duty: Ghosts was experiencing frame-rate issues on the PS4 and Eurogamer's tech boffins Digital Foundry have discovered that the stuttering has been caused by the frame-rate which has been capped at 60fps jumping above that limit.
The latest patch pushes the picture resolution up from 720p to full 1080p should resolve most of the stuttering issues by making the the console work harder to achieve that 60fps. This now sees the game run much smoother with the frame-rate occasionally dropping as low as 40fps when the PS4 is being taxed. By-and-large though it looks much better for it.
They've also put together a handy comparison video for you to see for yourself the improvements between the launch version and the patched version with a real-time graph of the frame-rate and everything.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III