Call Of Duty: Ghosts stuttering on PS4 caused by the frame rate jumping above 60fps
Interesting news has emerged on the stuttering frame rate that Call Of Duty: Ghosts players are experiencing on the PS4.
It has been reported that Call Of Duty: Ghosts was experiencing frame-rate issues on the PS4 and Eurogamer's tech boffins Digital Foundry have discovered that the stuttering has been caused by the frame-rate which has been capped at 60fps jumping above that limit.
The latest patch pushes the picture resolution up from 720p to full 1080p should resolve most of the stuttering issues by making the the console work harder to achieve that 60fps. This now sees the game run much smoother with the frame-rate occasionally dropping as low as 40fps when the PS4 is being taxed. By-and-large though it looks much better for it.
They've also put together a handy comparison video for you to see for yourself the improvements between the launch version and the patched version with a real-time graph of the frame-rate and everything.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey