Call Of Duty: Ghosts stuttering on PS4 caused by the frame rate jumping above 60fps
Interesting news has emerged on the stuttering frame rate that Call Of Duty: Ghosts players are experiencing on the PS4.
It has been reported that Call Of Duty: Ghosts was experiencing frame-rate issues on the PS4 and Eurogamer's tech boffins Digital Foundry have discovered that the stuttering has been caused by the frame-rate which has been capped at 60fps jumping above that limit.
The latest patch pushes the picture resolution up from 720p to full 1080p should resolve most of the stuttering issues by making the the console work harder to achieve that 60fps. This now sees the game run much smoother with the frame-rate occasionally dropping as low as 40fps when the PS4 is being taxed. By-and-large though it looks much better for it.
They've also put together a handy comparison video for you to see for yourself the improvements between the launch version and the patched version with a real-time graph of the frame-rate and everything.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year