Call Of Duty: Ghosts stuttering on PS4 caused by the frame rate jumping above 60fps
Interesting news has emerged on the stuttering frame rate that Call Of Duty: Ghosts players are experiencing on the PS4.
It has been reported that Call Of Duty: Ghosts was experiencing frame-rate issues on the PS4 and Eurogamer's tech boffins Digital Foundry have discovered that the stuttering has been caused by the frame-rate which has been capped at 60fps jumping above that limit.
The latest patch pushes the picture resolution up from 720p to full 1080p should resolve most of the stuttering issues by making the the console work harder to achieve that 60fps. This now sees the game run much smoother with the frame-rate occasionally dropping as low as 40fps when the PS4 is being taxed. By-and-large though it looks much better for it.
They've also put together a handy comparison video for you to see for yourself the improvements between the launch version and the patched version with a real-time graph of the frame-rate and everything.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light