The Settlers return with Ubi
Ubisoft today unveiled their latest signing, a brand new title in the long-running Settlers series of 'sim'-style micromanagement strategy games. The fifth Settlers game will be created by Blue Byte, and is scheduled for a release by Ubi later this year. The Settlers V (working title), will be the first in the series boasting true-3D visuals, but apart from this departure from the sprites of old we've got very little on this new creation.
"We wanted to offer an original gaming experience with the new Settlers game," enthused producer Benedikt Grindel. "After the release of Settlers IV, we looked at other directions for the Settlers franchise. After listening to feedback from Settlers fans, we believe we succeeded in renewing the franchise by adding many new gameplay and design elements while keeping the essence of Settlers."
Of course we'll keep our eyes peeled for new Settlers information, but in the meantime we can also tell you that the latest game will feature a premise which will see the player journey to a medieval kingdom to reclaim it from an evil tyrant. How very topical.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network