Steam features announced for PS3 Portal 2
Valve has announced just what sort of Steam features that the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 will support.
Happily Valve have been very kind to PS3 players and they will not only have access to Steam Cloud services that will allow them to save their games remotely on Valve's servers but they will also be able to play multiplayer online against PC and Mac Portal 2 players.
As an added bonus for those who buy Portal 2 for the PS3 and link their PSN and Steam accounts together the Steam Play feature will also allow them to download the game for their PC and Mac free of charge.
Valve boss Gabe Newell said: "We made a promise to gamers at E3 that Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 would be the best console version of the product. Working together with Sony we have identified a set of features we believe are very compelling to gamers. We hope to expand upon the foundation being laid in Portal 2 with more Steam features and functionality in DLC and future content releases."
Portal 2 is due this April on PC, Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto