Steam features announced for PS3 Portal 2
Valve has announced just what sort of Steam features that the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 will support.
Happily Valve have been very kind to PS3 players and they will not only have access to Steam Cloud services that will allow them to save their games remotely on Valve's servers but they will also be able to play multiplayer online against PC and Mac Portal 2 players.
As an added bonus for those who buy Portal 2 for the PS3 and link their PSN and Steam accounts together the Steam Play feature will also allow them to download the game for their PC and Mac free of charge.
Valve boss Gabe Newell said: "We made a promise to gamers at E3 that Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 would be the best console version of the product. Working together with Sony we have identified a set of features we believe are very compelling to gamers. We hope to expand upon the foundation being laid in Portal 2 with more Steam features and functionality in DLC and future content releases."
Portal 2 is due this April on PC, Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year