Steam features announced for PS3 Portal 2
Valve has announced just what sort of Steam features that the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 will support.
Happily Valve have been very kind to PS3 players and they will not only have access to Steam Cloud services that will allow them to save their games remotely on Valve's servers but they will also be able to play multiplayer online against PC and Mac Portal 2 players.
As an added bonus for those who buy Portal 2 for the PS3 and link their PSN and Steam accounts together the Steam Play feature will also allow them to download the game for their PC and Mac free of charge.
Valve boss Gabe Newell said: "We made a promise to gamers at E3 that Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 would be the best console version of the product. Working together with Sony we have identified a set of features we believe are very compelling to gamers. We hope to expand upon the foundation being laid in Portal 2 with more Steam features and functionality in DLC and future content releases."
Portal 2 is due this April on PC, Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year