Rhys Davies becomes a brand ambassador Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Welsh professional golfer Rhys Davies has thrown his support behind the next Tiger Woods game by signing on with EA Sports as a brand ambassador.
EA Sports announced today that Davies would be wearing the EA Sports logo in all his competitions on the PGA Eurpoean Tour this season making him the first European Tour golfer to be sponsored by EA.
Davies said: "Im delighted to be appearing in the new game and especially proud to be the first European Tour golf brand ambassador for EA Sports. Its every golfers dream to be immortalised in a video game and I cant wait to compete against my virtual character. As a tour professional, I am privileged to experience some of the worlds best golf courses, many of which are featured in the game. I look forward to getting some vital practice on these courses in the game before tackling them for real!"
This move is could be seen as another step towards strengthening EA Sport's golfing franchise after the scandal that surrounded Tiger Woods last year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer