Rhys Davies becomes a brand ambassador Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Welsh professional golfer Rhys Davies has thrown his support behind the next Tiger Woods game by signing on with EA Sports as a brand ambassador.
EA Sports announced today that Davies would be wearing the EA Sports logo in all his competitions on the PGA Eurpoean Tour this season making him the first European Tour golfer to be sponsored by EA.
Davies said: "Im delighted to be appearing in the new game and especially proud to be the first European Tour golf brand ambassador for EA Sports. Its every golfers dream to be immortalised in a video game and I cant wait to compete against my virtual character. As a tour professional, I am privileged to experience some of the worlds best golf courses, many of which are featured in the game. I look forward to getting some vital practice on these courses in the game before tackling them for real!"
This move is could be seen as another step towards strengthening EA Sport's golfing franchise after the scandal that surrounded Tiger Woods last year.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal