Rhys Davies becomes a brand ambassador Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Welsh professional golfer Rhys Davies has thrown his support behind the next Tiger Woods game by signing on with EA Sports as a brand ambassador.
EA Sports announced today that Davies would be wearing the EA Sports logo in all his competitions on the PGA Eurpoean Tour this season making him the first European Tour golfer to be sponsored by EA.
Davies said: "Im delighted to be appearing in the new game and especially proud to be the first European Tour golf brand ambassador for EA Sports. Its every golfers dream to be immortalised in a video game and I cant wait to compete against my virtual character. As a tour professional, I am privileged to experience some of the worlds best golf courses, many of which are featured in the game. I look forward to getting some vital practice on these courses in the game before tackling them for real!"
This move is could be seen as another step towards strengthening EA Sport's golfing franchise after the scandal that surrounded Tiger Woods last year.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny