Rhys Davies becomes a brand ambassador Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Welsh professional golfer Rhys Davies has thrown his support behind the next Tiger Woods game by signing on with EA Sports as a brand ambassador.
EA Sports announced today that Davies would be wearing the EA Sports logo in all his competitions on the PGA Eurpoean Tour this season making him the first European Tour golfer to be sponsored by EA.
Davies said: "Im delighted to be appearing in the new game and especially proud to be the first European Tour golf brand ambassador for EA Sports. Its every golfers dream to be immortalised in a video game and I cant wait to compete against my virtual character. As a tour professional, I am privileged to experience some of the worlds best golf courses, many of which are featured in the game. I look forward to getting some vital practice on these courses in the game before tackling them for real!"
This move is could be seen as another step towards strengthening EA Sport's golfing franchise after the scandal that surrounded Tiger Woods last year.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title