Rhys Davies becomes a brand ambassador Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Welsh professional golfer Rhys Davies has thrown his support behind the next Tiger Woods game by signing on with EA Sports as a brand ambassador.
EA Sports announced today that Davies would be wearing the EA Sports logo in all his competitions on the PGA Eurpoean Tour this season making him the first European Tour golfer to be sponsored by EA.
Davies said: "Im delighted to be appearing in the new game and especially proud to be the first European Tour golf brand ambassador for EA Sports. Its every golfers dream to be immortalised in a video game and I cant wait to compete against my virtual character. As a tour professional, I am privileged to experience some of the worlds best golf courses, many of which are featured in the game. I look forward to getting some vital practice on these courses in the game before tackling them for real!"
This move is could be seen as another step towards strengthening EA Sport's golfing franchise after the scandal that surrounded Tiger Woods last year.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year