Harmonix shuts down the Rock Band Network on the Wii
Harmonix has announced that they will be pulling the plug on the Rock Band Network services for the Wii.
Sadly, Wii Rock Band users haven't taken to the online services, which enabled musicians to convert their songs for download and purchase in game, quite as well as their PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 counterparts and Harmonix has decided to call time on it.
The newly independent developer wrote on their official forum: "With the smaller online install base, limited demand for releases so far and the significant amount of work it takes for our producers and audio team to convert and process these additional tracks we're no longer able to continue submitting RBN content to the Wii."
The standard Rock Band track download services on the Wii will not be affected.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side