3DS could be region-locked
Nintendo has supposedly confirmed that the 3DS will be region-locked barring players from importing 3DS games without illegally modifying their console.
The news apparently came from the translation of a newsletter published by Nintendo of Japan and translated on NeoGAF.
The newsletter seems to explain that the 3DS will hav region locking imposed on both the console itself and the individual games making it the first DS console to bear region-locking on retail games.
The translation reads: "3DS has Regioncodes. The Region Codes are installed in each games and the 3DS itself. If the codes don't match you can't play."
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release