3DS could be region-locked
Nintendo has supposedly confirmed that the 3DS will be region-locked barring players from importing 3DS games without illegally modifying their console.
The news apparently came from the translation of a newsletter published by Nintendo of Japan and translated on NeoGAF.
The newsletter seems to explain that the 3DS will hav region locking imposed on both the console itself and the individual games making it the first DS console to bear region-locking on retail games.
The translation reads: "3DS has Regioncodes. The Region Codes are installed in each games and the 3DS itself. If the codes don't match you can't play."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year