3DS could be region-locked
Nintendo has supposedly confirmed that the 3DS will be region-locked barring players from importing 3DS games without illegally modifying their console.
The news apparently came from the translation of a newsletter published by Nintendo of Japan and translated on NeoGAF.
The newsletter seems to explain that the 3DS will hav region locking imposed on both the console itself and the individual games making it the first DS console to bear region-locking on retail games.
The translation reads: "3DS has Regioncodes. The Region Codes are installed in each games and the 3DS itself. If the codes don't match you can't play."
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims