3DS could be region-locked
Nintendo has supposedly confirmed that the 3DS will be region-locked barring players from importing 3DS games without illegally modifying their console.
The news apparently came from the translation of a newsletter published by Nintendo of Japan and translated on NeoGAF.
The newsletter seems to explain that the 3DS will hav region locking imposed on both the console itself and the individual games making it the first DS console to bear region-locking on retail games.
The translation reads: "3DS has Regioncodes. The Region Codes are installed in each games and the 3DS itself. If the codes don't match you can't play."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update