No DSi phase out planned says Nintendo
Nintendo has moved to quash rumours that the DSi will be phased out in favour of the 3DS when it arrives.
Rumours emerged via an email translated by Kotaku appearing to indicate that Nintendo would be phasing out the smaller DSi units but keeping the DSi XLs in play for now.
Nintendo however released a statement to GamesIndustry.biz stating that they have no plans to phase out the DSi and indeed have more DSi products due out throughout 2011.
The 3DS is due out in Japan on February the 26th with Nintendo revealing their plans for the European launch in January the 19th.
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it