No DSi phase out planned says Nintendo
Nintendo has moved to quash rumours that the DSi will be phased out in favour of the 3DS when it arrives.
Rumours emerged via an email translated by Kotaku appearing to indicate that Nintendo would be phasing out the smaller DSi units but keeping the DSi XLs in play for now.
Nintendo however released a statement to GamesIndustry.biz stating that they have no plans to phase out the DSi and indeed have more DSi products due out throughout 2011.
The 3DS is due out in Japan on February the 26th with Nintendo revealing their plans for the European launch in January the 19th.
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game