No DSi phase out planned says Nintendo
Nintendo has moved to quash rumours that the DSi will be phased out in favour of the 3DS when it arrives.
Rumours emerged via an email translated by Kotaku appearing to indicate that Nintendo would be phasing out the smaller DSi units but keeping the DSi XLs in play for now.
Nintendo however released a statement to GamesIndustry.biz stating that they have no plans to phase out the DSi and indeed have more DSi products due out throughout 2011.
The 3DS is due out in Japan on February the 26th with Nintendo revealing their plans for the European launch in January the 19th.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit