No DSi phase out planned says Nintendo
Nintendo has moved to quash rumours that the DSi will be phased out in favour of the 3DS when it arrives.
Rumours emerged via an email translated by Kotaku appearing to indicate that Nintendo would be phasing out the smaller DSi units but keeping the DSi XLs in play for now.
Nintendo however released a statement to GamesIndustry.biz stating that they have no plans to phase out the DSi and indeed have more DSi products due out throughout 2011.
The 3DS is due out in Japan on February the 26th with Nintendo revealing their plans for the European launch in January the 19th.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone