No DSi phase out planned says Nintendo
Nintendo has moved to quash rumours that the DSi will be phased out in favour of the 3DS when it arrives.
Rumours emerged via an email translated by Kotaku appearing to indicate that Nintendo would be phasing out the smaller DSi units but keeping the DSi XLs in play for now.
Nintendo however released a statement to GamesIndustry.biz stating that they have no plans to phase out the DSi and indeed have more DSi products due out throughout 2011.
The 3DS is due out in Japan on February the 26th with Nintendo revealing their plans for the European launch in January the 19th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3