EA and Funcom team up to publish The Secret World MMO
EA and Age of Conan developer Funcom have announced a partnership in order to co-publish Funcom's next MMO The Secret World.
The Secret World is a modern day MMO where players join one of three secret societies and join the battle for world domination by defeating mythical creatures across a variety of real-world locations like Egypt, London, New York and Seoul.
It boasts the ability for players to create and progress their characters without the restrictions of a traditional class and level system.
Funcom boss Trode Arne Aas said: "We are tremendously excited to be working with what is undoubtedly the world-leading games publisher for the past decade, and it is also a great testament to the fantastic work of our development team. The experience and the knowledge that Electronic Arts brings to the table will be instrumental in allowing us to realize the full potential of The Secret World."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny