EA and Funcom team up to publish The Secret World MMO
EA and Age of Conan developer Funcom have announced a partnership in order to co-publish Funcom's next MMO The Secret World.
The Secret World is a modern day MMO where players join one of three secret societies and join the battle for world domination by defeating mythical creatures across a variety of real-world locations like Egypt, London, New York and Seoul.
It boasts the ability for players to create and progress their characters without the restrictions of a traditional class and level system.
Funcom boss Trode Arne Aas said: "We are tremendously excited to be working with what is undoubtedly the world-leading games publisher for the past decade, and it is also a great testament to the fantastic work of our development team. The experience and the knowledge that Electronic Arts brings to the table will be instrumental in allowing us to realize the full potential of The Secret World."
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward