Riccitiello predicts digital to pass retail in 2011
EA boss John Riccitiello has expressed the publisher's ultimate faith in the digital market is predicting that the digital market will surpass the retail market in 2011.
EA has already put a lot of its money into the digital basket by acquiring Facebook game developer PlayFish and mobile game publisher Chillingo as well as launching the browser-based Tiger Woods Online.
Riccitiello went so far as to suggest that digital will account for over 50 percent of the games market in 2011 despite no clear data on just how big the online market actually is.
He said: "At the end of , the digital business is bigger than the packaged goods business, full stop. I think that well find ways to even sell our packaged goods content in chunks and in pieces and subscriptions and micro-transactions."
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light