New Mac App Store cracked within hours
Sony aren't the only company having trouble with having their products being hacked. Apple are similarly afflicted as the new Mac App Store has reportedly been hacked within hours of its launch.
Hackers have already figured out a way to replace the signature files on paid Apps with those of free ones fooling the App Store into thinking that the Apps have been paid for.
Another hacker collective with extensive experience of iOS, Hackulous, has created a method called Kickback although they are promising that they will not release Kickback until the Mac App Store is well established.
Hackulous member, Dissident told TorrentFreak: "We're not going to release Kickback until well after the store's been established, well after developers have gotten their applications up. We don't want to devalue applications and frustrate developers."
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit