Kinect breaks the 8 million unit mark
Microsoft has announced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that Kinect has sold 8 million units worldwide in just two months.
This smashes the sales targets Microsoft set of 5 million units by the end of 2010 and helped push the sales of the Xbox 360 itself beyond 50 million units worldwide. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer added that Xbox Live has now passed the 30 million user threshold.
Ballmer said: "A new member joins Xbox Live every two seconds. Kinect and Xbox Live have helped drive consumer demand for the Xbox itself. Xbox 360 has been the number one selling console every month for the last six months here in the United States. And sales for the Xbox 360 are now over 50 million units worldwide."
He continued: "As many of you know, we predicted that we would sell about five million of these Kinect sensors by the end of the holiday season. We beat that forecast. In the first 60 days we sold over eight million Kinect sensors worldwide. This has been the biggest holiday and the biggest year ever for Xbox."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan