Kinect breaks the 8 million unit mark
Microsoft has announced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that Kinect has sold 8 million units worldwide in just two months.
This smashes the sales targets Microsoft set of 5 million units by the end of 2010 and helped push the sales of the Xbox 360 itself beyond 50 million units worldwide. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer added that Xbox Live has now passed the 30 million user threshold.
Ballmer said: "A new member joins Xbox Live every two seconds. Kinect and Xbox Live have helped drive consumer demand for the Xbox itself. Xbox 360 has been the number one selling console every month for the last six months here in the United States. And sales for the Xbox 360 are now over 50 million units worldwide."
He continued: "As many of you know, we predicted that we would sell about five million of these Kinect sensors by the end of the holiday season. We beat that forecast. In the first 60 days we sold over eight million Kinect sensors worldwide. This has been the biggest holiday and the biggest year ever for Xbox."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date