Tiger Woods off the cover art for Tiger 12
EA Sports has revealed the cover art for the latest iteration of their golfing franchise Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 and Tiger is notably absent.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012: The Masters will focus this year on professional golf's most prestigious competition, the Masters at Augusta and as a result the publisher has chosen to go with the Masters' logo on the box art.
President of EA Sports, Peter Moore, has denied that this represents EA Sports taking a step back from their relationship with the troubled golfing legend despite John Riccitiello's comments late last year that Tiger needed to start winning games again in order for their relationship to continue to make sense.
Moore said: "Obviously it was a difficult year last year, but you saw towards the end of the season Tiger starting to get back to his old ways. We all as both a sports industry and sports fans are hopeful he comes back in full force in 2011."
"If the insinuation is it's a reflection of EA Sports backing away from its relationship that goes back literally 13 years with Tiger, that's not the case whatsoever. This is obviously a very important day in our history and an important day in the world of golf videogames, and focusing on the Masters is the right thing to do," he added. "This is something that's very special, very different. You shouldn't read anything into the fact that Tiger's not featured on the box art of that particular edition."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One