Tiger Woods off the cover art for Tiger 12
EA Sports has revealed the cover art for the latest iteration of their golfing franchise Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 and Tiger is notably absent.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012: The Masters will focus this year on professional golf's most prestigious competition, the Masters at Augusta and as a result the publisher has chosen to go with the Masters' logo on the box art.
President of EA Sports, Peter Moore, has denied that this represents EA Sports taking a step back from their relationship with the troubled golfing legend despite John Riccitiello's comments late last year that Tiger needed to start winning games again in order for their relationship to continue to make sense.
Moore said: "Obviously it was a difficult year last year, but you saw towards the end of the season Tiger starting to get back to his old ways. We all as both a sports industry and sports fans are hopeful he comes back in full force in 2011."
"If the insinuation is it's a reflection of EA Sports backing away from its relationship that goes back literally 13 years with Tiger, that's not the case whatsoever. This is obviously a very important day in our history and an important day in the world of golf videogames, and focusing on the Masters is the right thing to do," he added. "This is something that's very special, very different. You shouldn't read anything into the fact that Tiger's not featured on the box art of that particular edition."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey