Tiger Woods off the cover art for Tiger 12
EA Sports has revealed the cover art for the latest iteration of their golfing franchise Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 and Tiger is notably absent.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012: The Masters will focus this year on professional golf's most prestigious competition, the Masters at Augusta and as a result the publisher has chosen to go with the Masters' logo on the box art.
President of EA Sports, Peter Moore, has denied that this represents EA Sports taking a step back from their relationship with the troubled golfing legend despite John Riccitiello's comments late last year that Tiger needed to start winning games again in order for their relationship to continue to make sense.
Moore said: "Obviously it was a difficult year last year, but you saw towards the end of the season Tiger starting to get back to his old ways. We all as both a sports industry and sports fans are hopeful he comes back in full force in 2011."
"If the insinuation is it's a reflection of EA Sports backing away from its relationship that goes back literally 13 years with Tiger, that's not the case whatsoever. This is obviously a very important day in our history and an important day in the world of golf videogames, and focusing on the Masters is the right thing to do," he added. "This is something that's very special, very different. You shouldn't read anything into the fact that Tiger's not featured on the box art of that particular edition."
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year