3D will pick up faster than HD says Sony
It appears that Sony are very optimistic that 2011 will be the year that 3D TV and gaming will take off.
The boss of SCEUK, Andrew House, explained in an interview with MCV that he believes that 2011 will be a key year for 3D TV with Sky playing a major part in its growth.
House explained: "3D is going to be driven by building an ecosystem thats based around content, TV penetration, and so on. In the UK you are seeing a strong push by broadcasters like Sky, who see enormous potential in 3D. Their track record in driving HD penetration was key."
He added: "Our role is to act as a pioneer, as evangelists and to help developers get the right experience with 3D games. Weve done some great groundwork and I think youll see 3D games come to fruition next year."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone