PS3 Mass Effect 2 uses Mass Effect 3 engine
Bioware has perhaps upset a few Xbox 360 gamers as they have revealed that the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 will use the same tweaked game engine that they are using for Mass Effect 3.
The game's producer Jesse Houston made the revelation as he confirmed the game's gold status on a recent Bioware podcast.
Houston said: "One of the first things you're going to see is improved graphics. We actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and used that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. So we took the content, the story and all of the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put it into the Mass Effect 3 engine."
Not only this but the PS3 version will include all the DLC that the Xbox has received which will surely spark some angry responses from the series' devoted 360 fanbase.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released