PS3 Mass Effect 2 uses Mass Effect 3 engine
Bioware has perhaps upset a few Xbox 360 gamers as they have revealed that the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 will use the same tweaked game engine that they are using for Mass Effect 3.
The game's producer Jesse Houston made the revelation as he confirmed the game's gold status on a recent Bioware podcast.
Houston said: "One of the first things you're going to see is improved graphics. We actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and used that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. So we took the content, the story and all of the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put it into the Mass Effect 3 engine."
Not only this but the PS3 version will include all the DLC that the Xbox has received which will surely spark some angry responses from the series' devoted 360 fanbase.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3