PS3 Mass Effect 2 uses Mass Effect 3 engine
Bioware has perhaps upset a few Xbox 360 gamers as they have revealed that the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 will use the same tweaked game engine that they are using for Mass Effect 3.
The game's producer Jesse Houston made the revelation as he confirmed the game's gold status on a recent Bioware podcast.
Houston said: "One of the first things you're going to see is improved graphics. We actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and used that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. So we took the content, the story and all of the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put it into the Mass Effect 3 engine."
Not only this but the PS3 version will include all the DLC that the Xbox has received which will surely spark some angry responses from the series' devoted 360 fanbase.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone