PS3 Mass Effect 2 uses Mass Effect 3 engine
Bioware has perhaps upset a few Xbox 360 gamers as they have revealed that the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 will use the same tweaked game engine that they are using for Mass Effect 3.
The game's producer Jesse Houston made the revelation as he confirmed the game's gold status on a recent Bioware podcast.
Houston said: "One of the first things you're going to see is improved graphics. We actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and used that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. So we took the content, the story and all of the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put it into the Mass Effect 3 engine."
Not only this but the PS3 version will include all the DLC that the Xbox has received which will surely spark some angry responses from the series' devoted 360 fanbase.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO