MadWorld would have done better on PS3 and Xbox says SEGA
SEGA has revealed that they believe that Platinum Games mature Wii title MadWorld would have done better as an Xbox and PS3 title.
MadWorld was well received by critics but the comic-book styled violence didn't sit well with Wii gamers and the game sadly bombed.
SEGA's Alan Pritchard said: "Going back 12 to 18 months when we released those titles, it was a risk. Nintendo was supportive of the strategy. There was an intent to take the Wii console a little older, and make a more core machine. So games like MadWorld, House of the Dead and The Conduit fit that strategy. House of the Dead is a more established and casual franchise, and that did very well. Conduit 2 is getting a good buzz."
He added: "It was a huge risk that we really believed in at the time, but the title did not sell well. Was it on the wrong platform? I don't know. Would it have done better on 360 or PS3? Possibly"
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date