MadWorld would have done better on PS3 and Xbox says SEGA
SEGA has revealed that they believe that Platinum Games mature Wii title MadWorld would have done better as an Xbox and PS3 title.
MadWorld was well received by critics but the comic-book styled violence didn't sit well with Wii gamers and the game sadly bombed.
SEGA's Alan Pritchard said: "Going back 12 to 18 months when we released those titles, it was a risk. Nintendo was supportive of the strategy. There was an intent to take the Wii console a little older, and make a more core machine. So games like MadWorld, House of the Dead and The Conduit fit that strategy. House of the Dead is a more established and casual franchise, and that did very well. Conduit 2 is getting a good buzz."
He added: "It was a huge risk that we really believed in at the time, but the title did not sell well. Was it on the wrong platform? I don't know. Would it have done better on 360 or PS3? Possibly"
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014