MadWorld would have done better on PS3 and Xbox says SEGA
SEGA has revealed that they believe that Platinum Games mature Wii title MadWorld would have done better as an Xbox and PS3 title.
MadWorld was well received by critics but the comic-book styled violence didn't sit well with Wii gamers and the game sadly bombed.
SEGA's Alan Pritchard said: "Going back 12 to 18 months when we released those titles, it was a risk. Nintendo was supportive of the strategy. There was an intent to take the Wii console a little older, and make a more core machine. So games like MadWorld, House of the Dead and The Conduit fit that strategy. House of the Dead is a more established and casual franchise, and that did very well. Conduit 2 is getting a good buzz."
He added: "It was a huge risk that we really believed in at the time, but the title did not sell well. Was it on the wrong platform? I don't know. Would it have done better on 360 or PS3? Possibly"
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year