FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
EA Sports has announced details of their approach to banning those found to be cheating in FIFA Ultimate Team.
The new measures aim to curb the use of bots which have been causing several unpleasant issues with FIFA Ultimate Team including stuck transfers, missing coins, lost players and no results in transfer market searches. Bots are primarily used by those in the 'black market' coin-selling business to farm coins for sale and so the new measures are aimed at this illicit trade to return a level of fairness to the FIFA Ultimate Team mode.
Those found to be buying and/or promoting the sale of coins will go through a three-step warning process. First they'll receive a warning email and in-game message. If they persist in their activities they'll receive a yellow card which means their FIFA Ultimate Team Club will be reset to zero and they'll have all of their FIFA Points returned. For the most persistent of offenders the final stage is a red card which equates to a permanent ban from FIFA Ultimate Team.
The measures for those caught selling and/or farming coins are far worse. Any one caught engaging in either or both of these activities will receive a straight red card which this time means a permanent ban from playing all EA games online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year