Sounds like a 1990's dance group, but in fact Crash Bandicoot: Unlimited is a brand new game in Vivendi's eponymous series, announced for the PS2 and Xbox by VU Games' Paris office today. This new 'action-platformer' is being developed by Traveller's Tales, and is currently scheduled for a release in the third-quarter of this very year.
Ren and Stimpy filmmaker Jordan Reichek will also be contributing to the new game, ensuring a 'hilarious' plotline, and no doubt some quirky animation, too. A new 'dual gameplay dynamic' is also the order of the day, and will pair Mr. Bandicoot with his old nemesis Dr. Cortex.
"Crash Bandicoot: Unlimited reinvigorates the 3D action platform genre by combining the well-known humor and wacky situations that Crash is known for with cutting edge, inventive gameplay elements that will make this game the most robust and funniest Crash experience ever," commented Vivendi's Christophe Ramboz.
Here's the official spiel unveiling further the mores of the new title, the 'unorthodox partnership' sounding a little like the weasel's use of the bunny in Whiplash:
A new adversary - The Evil Twins - has invaded Crash's island paradise with plans of destruction. In a strange twist, Crash grudgingly pairs with his archenemy, Dr. Cortex in order to save the world. Through this unorthodox partnership, Cortex is abused as Crash's favourite weapon when Crash and Cortex are controlled as one. Additionally, this dynamic paired gameplay will include never-before-seen mechanics which also include cooperative level designs in which Crash must protect Cortex and vice-versa, albeit reluctantly!
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon