Sounds like a 1990's dance group, but in fact Crash Bandicoot: Unlimited is a brand new game in Vivendi's eponymous series, announced for the PS2 and Xbox by VU Games' Paris office today. This new 'action-platformer' is being developed by Traveller's Tales, and is currently scheduled for a release in the third-quarter of this very year.
Ren and Stimpy filmmaker Jordan Reichek will also be contributing to the new game, ensuring a 'hilarious' plotline, and no doubt some quirky animation, too. A new 'dual gameplay dynamic' is also the order of the day, and will pair Mr. Bandicoot with his old nemesis Dr. Cortex.
"Crash Bandicoot: Unlimited reinvigorates the 3D action platform genre by combining the well-known humor and wacky situations that Crash is known for with cutting edge, inventive gameplay elements that will make this game the most robust and funniest Crash experience ever," commented Vivendi's Christophe Ramboz.
Here's the official spiel unveiling further the mores of the new title, the 'unorthodox partnership' sounding a little like the weasel's use of the bunny in Whiplash:
A new adversary - The Evil Twins - has invaded Crash's island paradise with plans of destruction. In a strange twist, Crash grudgingly pairs with his archenemy, Dr. Cortex in order to save the world. Through this unorthodox partnership, Cortex is abused as Crash's favourite weapon when Crash and Cortex are controlled as one. Additionally, this dynamic paired gameplay will include never-before-seen mechanics which also include cooperative level designs in which Crash must protect Cortex and vice-versa, albeit reluctantly!
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO