New GTA expected in either 2011 or 2012
Analytical firm Wedbush Morgan has made a guess at when a new GTA game will arrive based on their performance this year.
Their report explained that with the success of Red Dead Redemption this year they Take-Two will be hard pushed to match this year's performance without the appearance of the next game in the GTA series.
The report explained: "The company appears to be on a path to consistent profitability, and we are becoming more constructive. Red Dead Redemption presents a difficult comparison for next year, and we believe that without a GTA release, the company will generate only a modest profit in its new financial year."
It concluded: "We are confident that Take-Two will release GTA in either 2011 or 2012 and BioShock Infinite in 2012, and think the company can generate sustainable earnings growth in each year if the timing of releases is right."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3