Split-screen multiplayer confirmed for Killzone 3
Guerrilla Games has confirmed that Killzone 3 will feature split-screen multiplayer alongside the Move and 3D support planned for the game.
Studio manager Herman Hulst made the confirmation in an interview with 1UP saying that the game has been optimised so well since Killzone 2 arrived that they were able to include a split screen mode as well as the usual online multiplayer modes.
Hulst explained: "We found a lot of power after we completed Killzone 2. Just to give you an example on the graphics side: we pulled a level from Killzone 2 into the Killzone 3 engine and it ran at 50 percent. That's how much power we've been able to find. You can see it in split-screen co-op. We had to do the double rendering anyway."
Killzone 3 is due to arrive this February and will be a flagship title for both PlayStation Move and Sony's 3D gaming push.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto