Split-screen multiplayer confirmed for Killzone 3
Guerrilla Games has confirmed that Killzone 3 will feature split-screen multiplayer alongside the Move and 3D support planned for the game.
Studio manager Herman Hulst made the confirmation in an interview with 1UP saying that the game has been optimised so well since Killzone 2 arrived that they were able to include a split screen mode as well as the usual online multiplayer modes.
Hulst explained: "We found a lot of power after we completed Killzone 2. Just to give you an example on the graphics side: we pulled a level from Killzone 2 into the Killzone 3 engine and it ran at 50 percent. That's how much power we've been able to find. You can see it in split-screen co-op. We had to do the double rendering anyway."
Killzone 3 is due to arrive this February and will be a flagship title for both PlayStation Move and Sony's 3D gaming push.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer