Split-screen multiplayer confirmed for Killzone 3
Guerrilla Games has confirmed that Killzone 3 will feature split-screen multiplayer alongside the Move and 3D support planned for the game.
Studio manager Herman Hulst made the confirmation in an interview with 1UP saying that the game has been optimised so well since Killzone 2 arrived that they were able to include a split screen mode as well as the usual online multiplayer modes.
Hulst explained: "We found a lot of power after we completed Killzone 2. Just to give you an example on the graphics side: we pulled a level from Killzone 2 into the Killzone 3 engine and it ran at 50 percent. That's how much power we've been able to find. You can see it in split-screen co-op. We had to do the double rendering anyway."
Killzone 3 is due to arrive this February and will be a flagship title for both PlayStation Move and Sony's 3D gaming push.
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date