Split-screen multiplayer confirmed for Killzone 3
Guerrilla Games has confirmed that Killzone 3 will feature split-screen multiplayer alongside the Move and 3D support planned for the game.
Studio manager Herman Hulst made the confirmation in an interview with 1UP saying that the game has been optimised so well since Killzone 2 arrived that they were able to include a split screen mode as well as the usual online multiplayer modes.
Hulst explained: "We found a lot of power after we completed Killzone 2. Just to give you an example on the graphics side: we pulled a level from Killzone 2 into the Killzone 3 engine and it ran at 50 percent. That's how much power we've been able to find. You can see it in split-screen co-op. We had to do the double rendering anyway."
Killzone 3 is due to arrive this February and will be a flagship title for both PlayStation Move and Sony's 3D gaming push.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3