Split-screen multiplayer confirmed for Killzone 3
Guerrilla Games has confirmed that Killzone 3 will feature split-screen multiplayer alongside the Move and 3D support planned for the game.
Studio manager Herman Hulst made the confirmation in an interview with 1UP saying that the game has been optimised so well since Killzone 2 arrived that they were able to include a split screen mode as well as the usual online multiplayer modes.
Hulst explained: "We found a lot of power after we completed Killzone 2. Just to give you an example on the graphics side: we pulled a level from Killzone 2 into the Killzone 3 engine and it ran at 50 percent. That's how much power we've been able to find. You can see it in split-screen co-op. We had to do the double rendering anyway."
Killzone 3 is due to arrive this February and will be a flagship title for both PlayStation Move and Sony's 3D gaming push.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO