SSX carves back onto consoles
EA has announced that their adrenaline-fuelled snowboarding franchise SSX will be making its way back to consoles.
SSX: Deadly Descents is a re-imagining of the series as well as a return to the EA Sports fold and will see player plunging down some of the deadliest slopes that the world has to offer.
EA Sports president Peter Moore said: "An entire genre was born from the original SSX a decade ago, and it's time to reboot one of the most popular franchises of all-time in an unpredictable and unexpected way. Fans have been begging for this since the launch of this generation of consoles, and we have an experience that will be worth the wait. This franchise has always been about racing, tricks, characters and fun SSX: Deadly Descents will deliver all of that, and more, on a global scale, with rich online experiences, and with the sense of adventure never before imagined on a snowboard."
SSX: Deadly Descents is in development at EA Canada for Xbox 360 and PS3 but there is no mention of a release window as yet.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3