Mass Effect 3 emerges from the shadows
It's been almost a year since Mass Effect 2 arrived and almost as long since Dr Ray Muzyka hinted that there would be an announcement on the final installment of Commander Shepard's battle with the Reapers and it's finally here.
Bioware made the announcement of Mass Effect 3 at the VGA's on Saturday night and had prepared a special trailer for the occasion. The trailer showed war torn London in the grips of an assault by the Reapers who seem to have found another way back into the galaxy from beyond the rim after Shepard defeated Saren and Sovereign back in Mass Effect.
After such a harrowing sight there was some good news. Bioware promised that we can all help Commander Shepard save Earth and the galaxy when the game arrives just in time for Christmas 2011 on Xbox 360, PC and PS3.
Bioware co-founder Dr Ray Muzyka said: "At BioWare, we are always driving ourselves to improve and I firmly believe our best work is still ahead of us. We could not be prouder of the team's accomplishments with Mass Effect 2, and are excited and humbled by all of the recognition the game has received so far. We cant wait to show you what the team is doing to make Mass Effect 3 an even bigger success."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title