Monster Hunter Portable 3 decimates the Japanese sales charts
Although the news is hardly shocking Monster Hunter Portable 3 has rocketed to the top of the sales charts in Japan and given the PSP hardware a boost as well.
Capcom's phenomenally popular multiplayer portable title has eclipsed all other titles on the sales charts by shifting almost 2 million units in its first week.
It also caused PSP sales to grow more than three times in size from 75,689 in the previous week to 323,653 in Monster Hunter's launch week.
Coming in second is the other debutant title for the week Tales of Graces F for the PS3 which sold a healthy 215,187 copies.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side