Monster Hunter Portable 3 decimates the Japanese sales charts
Although the news is hardly shocking Monster Hunter Portable 3 has rocketed to the top of the sales charts in Japan and given the PSP hardware a boost as well.
Capcom's phenomenally popular multiplayer portable title has eclipsed all other titles on the sales charts by shifting almost 2 million units in its first week.
It also caused PSP sales to grow more than three times in size from 75,689 in the previous week to 323,653 in Monster Hunter's launch week.
Coming in second is the other debutant title for the week Tales of Graces F for the PS3 which sold a healthy 215,187 copies.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer