Monster Hunter Portable 3 decimates the Japanese sales charts
Although the news is hardly shocking Monster Hunter Portable 3 has rocketed to the top of the sales charts in Japan and given the PSP hardware a boost as well.
Capcom's phenomenally popular multiplayer portable title has eclipsed all other titles on the sales charts by shifting almost 2 million units in its first week.
It also caused PSP sales to grow more than three times in size from 75,689 in the previous week to 323,653 in Monster Hunter's launch week.
Coming in second is the other debutant title for the week Tales of Graces F for the PS3 which sold a healthy 215,187 copies.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below