Monster Hunter Portable 3 decimates the Japanese sales charts
Although the news is hardly shocking Monster Hunter Portable 3 has rocketed to the top of the sales charts in Japan and given the PSP hardware a boost as well.
Capcom's phenomenally popular multiplayer portable title has eclipsed all other titles on the sales charts by shifting almost 2 million units in its first week.
It also caused PSP sales to grow more than three times in size from 75,689 in the previous week to 323,653 in Monster Hunter's launch week.
Coming in second is the other debutant title for the week Tales of Graces F for the PS3 which sold a healthy 215,187 copies.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3