Broken Sword 2 remastered and coming to Apple portables
Revolution has announced that they will be bringing the second game in the Broken Sword series in a remastered form to the App Store in time for Christmas.
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror will will be available on the App Store for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch and will feature enhanced graphics and animations, a context-sensitive hints system and even an interactive comic created by Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons.
The series creator Charles Cecil said: "The original Broken Sword went to number one in the App store, was BAFTA-nominated and received the most fantastic reviews, both from reviewers and the games audience on the App store as well as appealing to fans of the series, the game reached a whole new audience."
He added: "Publishing through the App Store has offered extraordinary opportunities. As well as allowing us to communicate directly with our audience, we are now in the position where we can re-work our original games while simultaneously writing new adventure titles. It is an extraordinary time for the games industry and for independent developers in particular."
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though