Broken Sword 2 remastered and coming to Apple portables
Revolution has announced that they will be bringing the second game in the Broken Sword series in a remastered form to the App Store in time for Christmas.
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror will will be available on the App Store for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch and will feature enhanced graphics and animations, a context-sensitive hints system and even an interactive comic created by Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons.
The series creator Charles Cecil said: "The original Broken Sword went to number one in the App store, was BAFTA-nominated and received the most fantastic reviews, both from reviewers and the games audience on the App store as well as appealing to fans of the series, the game reached a whole new audience."
He added: "Publishing through the App Store has offered extraordinary opportunities. As well as allowing us to communicate directly with our audience, we are now in the position where we can re-work our original games while simultaneously writing new adventure titles. It is an extraordinary time for the games industry and for independent developers in particular."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3