Broken Sword 2 remastered and coming to Apple portables
Revolution has announced that they will be bringing the second game in the Broken Sword series in a remastered form to the App Store in time for Christmas.
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror will will be available on the App Store for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch and will feature enhanced graphics and animations, a context-sensitive hints system and even an interactive comic created by Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons.
The series creator Charles Cecil said: "The original Broken Sword went to number one in the App store, was BAFTA-nominated and received the most fantastic reviews, both from reviewers and the games audience on the App store as well as appealing to fans of the series, the game reached a whole new audience."
He added: "Publishing through the App Store has offered extraordinary opportunities. As well as allowing us to communicate directly with our audience, we are now in the position where we can re-work our original games while simultaneously writing new adventure titles. It is an extraordinary time for the games industry and for independent developers in particular."
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet