EA expects ten years from Star Wars: The Old Republic
Electronic Arts are betting a lot on their new Bioware-developed Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic.
EA's chief financial officer Eric Brown told the UBS Annual Media and Communications conference in New York that they expected SWTOR to last a good ten years.
Brown said: "Our assumptions for break-even and profitability are not seven-digit subscribers. We think we can run and operate a very successful and profitable MMO at different levels."
He added: "The key thing here is to really perfect the product. We're shooting for an extremely high quality game experience. We view this as a ten-year opportunity."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey