EA expects ten years from Star Wars: The Old Republic
Electronic Arts are betting a lot on their new Bioware-developed Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic.
EA's chief financial officer Eric Brown told the UBS Annual Media and Communications conference in New York that they expected SWTOR to last a good ten years.
Brown said: "Our assumptions for break-even and profitability are not seven-digit subscribers. We think we can run and operate a very successful and profitable MMO at different levels."
He added: "The key thing here is to really perfect the product. We're shooting for an extremely high quality game experience. We view this as a ten-year opportunity."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny