EA expects ten years from Star Wars: The Old Republic
Electronic Arts are betting a lot on their new Bioware-developed Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic.
EA's chief financial officer Eric Brown told the UBS Annual Media and Communications conference in New York that they expected SWTOR to last a good ten years.
Brown said: "Our assumptions for break-even and profitability are not seven-digit subscribers. We think we can run and operate a very successful and profitable MMO at different levels."
He added: "The key thing here is to really perfect the product. We're shooting for an extremely high quality game experience. We view this as a ten-year opportunity."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015