iPad 2 could arrive as soon as February
It is being reported that the next generation of the Apple iPad is currently in production at Foxconn in Taiwan.
The rumours are suggesting the new tablet is being constructed from Taiwanese components with a view to having the first 400,000 to 600,000 units ready for delivery in the next 100 days.
With delivery coming in the next 100 days that would put the new device's arrival some time in February or March probably and given the volumes it will probably be launched in the US first in a similar way to the first generation iPad.
Foxconn has declined to comment on the rumours which surfaced on Asian IT newswire DigiTimes.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release