iPad 2 could arrive as soon as February
It is being reported that the next generation of the Apple iPad is currently in production at Foxconn in Taiwan.
The rumours are suggesting the new tablet is being constructed from Taiwanese components with a view to having the first 400,000 to 600,000 units ready for delivery in the next 100 days.
With delivery coming in the next 100 days that would put the new device's arrival some time in February or March probably and given the volumes it will probably be launched in the US first in a similar way to the first generation iPad.
Foxconn has declined to comment on the rumours which surfaced on Asian IT newswire DigiTimes.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network