iPad 2 could arrive as soon as February
It is being reported that the next generation of the Apple iPad is currently in production at Foxconn in Taiwan.
The rumours are suggesting the new tablet is being constructed from Taiwanese components with a view to having the first 400,000 to 600,000 units ready for delivery in the next 100 days.
With delivery coming in the next 100 days that would put the new device's arrival some time in February or March probably and given the volumes it will probably be launched in the US first in a similar way to the first generation iPad.
Foxconn has declined to comment on the rumours which surfaced on Asian IT newswire DigiTimes.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing