Tomb Raider getting a reboot
After taking a different approach to the Tomb Raider series with the downloadable title the Guardian of Light, Crystal Dynamics are planning more interesting developments for Lara Croft.
The next retail release in the series is to be a reboot of the franchise exploring some of Lara's history before the story from the PSOne classic title.
Studio head at Crystal Dynamics Daryl Gallagher revealed: "Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game. This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."
The reboot of the series will hopefully allow Ms Croft to be able to take her crown back from the roguish Nathan Drake.
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow producer Dave Cox parts ways with Konami
- Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the New 3DS
- Deep Silver teases a devilish Saints Row V reveal
- Nintendo announces two brand new upgraded 3DS models
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion