Tomb Raider getting a reboot
After taking a different approach to the Tomb Raider series with the downloadable title the Guardian of Light, Crystal Dynamics are planning more interesting developments for Lara Croft.
The next retail release in the series is to be a reboot of the franchise exploring some of Lara's history before the story from the PSOne classic title.
Studio head at Crystal Dynamics Daryl Gallagher revealed: "Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game. This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."
The reboot of the series will hopefully allow Ms Croft to be able to take her crown back from the roguish Nathan Drake.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One