Tomb Raider getting a reboot
After taking a different approach to the Tomb Raider series with the downloadable title the Guardian of Light, Crystal Dynamics are planning more interesting developments for Lara Croft.
The next retail release in the series is to be a reboot of the franchise exploring some of Lara's history before the story from the PSOne classic title.
Studio head at Crystal Dynamics Daryl Gallagher revealed: "Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game. This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."
The reboot of the series will hopefully allow Ms Croft to be able to take her crown back from the roguish Nathan Drake.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto