Tomb Raider getting a reboot
After taking a different approach to the Tomb Raider series with the downloadable title the Guardian of Light, Crystal Dynamics are planning more interesting developments for Lara Croft.
The next retail release in the series is to be a reboot of the franchise exploring some of Lara's history before the story from the PSOne classic title.
Studio head at Crystal Dynamics Daryl Gallagher revealed: "Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game. This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."
The reboot of the series will hopefully allow Ms Croft to be able to take her crown back from the roguish Nathan Drake.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter