Tomb Raider getting a reboot
After taking a different approach to the Tomb Raider series with the downloadable title the Guardian of Light, Crystal Dynamics are planning more interesting developments for Lara Croft.
The next retail release in the series is to be a reboot of the franchise exploring some of Lara's history before the story from the PSOne classic title.
Studio head at Crystal Dynamics Daryl Gallagher revealed: "Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game. This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."
The reboot of the series will hopefully allow Ms Croft to be able to take her crown back from the roguish Nathan Drake.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO