Microsoft looking forward to their "biggest year ever"
The CEO of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Division, Dennis Durkin believes that the Xbox manufacturer will be in for their biggest year this year.
Durkin confidently told the audience at the Credit Suisse Group Technology Conference that Microsoft had been seeing significant growth over the last few years and this year would be their best yet.
He said: "It's been a good three years for us. We've had nice stair steps in terms of growth every year sequentially getting bigger than the previous year, and this year is going to be our biggest year ever."
Durkin added on Xbox Live Gold subscription uptake: "Of our 25 million members, about half of them are subscribers for the business and pay us about 60 USD a year for that. So, it's a very, very large business for us and for our partners."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3