Microsoft looking forward to their "biggest year ever"
The CEO of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Division, Dennis Durkin believes that the Xbox manufacturer will be in for their biggest year this year.
Durkin confidently told the audience at the Credit Suisse Group Technology Conference that Microsoft had been seeing significant growth over the last few years and this year would be their best yet.
He said: "It's been a good three years for us. We've had nice stair steps in terms of growth every year sequentially getting bigger than the previous year, and this year is going to be our biggest year ever."
Durkin added on Xbox Live Gold subscription uptake: "Of our 25 million members, about half of them are subscribers for the business and pay us about 60 USD a year for that. So, it's a very, very large business for us and for our partners."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer