Gran Turismo 5 doubles PS3 sales in Japan
The PS3 received an added hardware sales boost in Japan this week after the release of Gran Turismo 5.
Polyphony Digital's long-awaited racing magnum opus has helped the PS3 to double it's sales in the last week in Japan as well as the game itself topping the sales charts in the land of the rising sun.
According to the sales figures compiled by analytics firm Media Create the PS3 hardware sales shot up from 29,000 the previous week to 69,000 units in the last week.
Gran Turismo 5 sold 431,000 units in total in its release week including hardware bundles making propelling it to the to of the sales charts and helping the PS3 to second in the hardware charts behind the PSP. All in all a good week for Sony on their home turf.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive