Gran Turismo 5 doubles PS3 sales in Japan
The PS3 received an added hardware sales boost in Japan this week after the release of Gran Turismo 5.
Polyphony Digital's long-awaited racing magnum opus has helped the PS3 to double it's sales in the last week in Japan as well as the game itself topping the sales charts in the land of the rising sun.
According to the sales figures compiled by analytics firm Media Create the PS3 hardware sales shot up from 29,000 the previous week to 69,000 units in the last week.
Gran Turismo 5 sold 431,000 units in total in its release week including hardware bundles making propelling it to the to of the sales charts and helping the PS3 to second in the hardware charts behind the PSP. All in all a good week for Sony on their home turf.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too