Gran Turismo 5 doubles PS3 sales in Japan
The PS3 received an added hardware sales boost in Japan this week after the release of Gran Turismo 5.
Polyphony Digital's long-awaited racing magnum opus has helped the PS3 to double it's sales in the last week in Japan as well as the game itself topping the sales charts in the land of the rising sun.
According to the sales figures compiled by analytics firm Media Create the PS3 hardware sales shot up from 29,000 the previous week to 69,000 units in the last week.
Gran Turismo 5 sold 431,000 units in total in its release week including hardware bundles making propelling it to the to of the sales charts and helping the PS3 to second in the hardware charts behind the PSP. All in all a good week for Sony on their home turf.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes