Gran Turismo 5 doubles PS3 sales in Japan
The PS3 received an added hardware sales boost in Japan this week after the release of Gran Turismo 5.
Polyphony Digital's long-awaited racing magnum opus has helped the PS3 to double it's sales in the last week in Japan as well as the game itself topping the sales charts in the land of the rising sun.
According to the sales figures compiled by analytics firm Media Create the PS3 hardware sales shot up from 29,000 the previous week to 69,000 units in the last week.
Gran Turismo 5 sold 431,000 units in total in its release week including hardware bundles making propelling it to the to of the sales charts and helping the PS3 to second in the hardware charts behind the PSP. All in all a good week for Sony on their home turf.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014