Activision not bothered about Star Wars: The Old Republic
Activision boss Bobby Kotick has said categorically that they are not phased by the potential competition offered by Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Due to the commitment that the fanbase of World of Warcraft shows Kotick isn't overly worried about the kind of impact that Bioware's new Star Wars MMO will have on those playing WOW.
Kotick said: "I can't say that we're hugely concerned about that... the audience for World of Warcraft is a pretty committed group of players."
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm launches at retail on December the 6th on PC and Mac.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like