343 remaking original Halo?
It appears that Microsoft studio 343 Industries, will be remaking the first Halo game ahead of the proper Halo 3 sequel due at the end of 2012.
343, who took over Halo duties after Bungie completed Halo: Reach, will apparently be remaking the original Halo using the Reach engine as a treat for fans prior to completing work on Halo 4.
The rumours come from industry chatter uncovered by UK magazine Games Master and they seem to indicate that the Halo: Combat Evolved remake could arrive in time for the game's 10th anniversary in November 2011.
UK Xbox boss Stephen McGill said only: "I imagine it's a good idea. I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year