343 remaking original Halo?
It appears that Microsoft studio 343 Industries, will be remaking the first Halo game ahead of the proper Halo 3 sequel due at the end of 2012.
343, who took over Halo duties after Bungie completed Halo: Reach, will apparently be remaking the original Halo using the Reach engine as a treat for fans prior to completing work on Halo 4.
The rumours come from industry chatter uncovered by UK magazine Games Master and they seem to indicate that the Halo: Combat Evolved remake could arrive in time for the game's 10th anniversary in November 2011.
UK Xbox boss Stephen McGill said only: "I imagine it's a good idea. I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too."
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system