343 remaking original Halo?
It appears that Microsoft studio 343 Industries, will be remaking the first Halo game ahead of the proper Halo 3 sequel due at the end of 2012.
343, who took over Halo duties after Bungie completed Halo: Reach, will apparently be remaking the original Halo using the Reach engine as a treat for fans prior to completing work on Halo 4.
The rumours come from industry chatter uncovered by UK magazine Games Master and they seem to indicate that the Halo: Combat Evolved remake could arrive in time for the game's 10th anniversary in November 2011.
UK Xbox boss Stephen McGill said only: "I imagine it's a good idea. I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update