343 remaking original Halo?
It appears that Microsoft studio 343 Industries, will be remaking the first Halo game ahead of the proper Halo 3 sequel due at the end of 2012.
343, who took over Halo duties after Bungie completed Halo: Reach, will apparently be remaking the original Halo using the Reach engine as a treat for fans prior to completing work on Halo 4.
The rumours come from industry chatter uncovered by UK magazine Games Master and they seem to indicate that the Halo: Combat Evolved remake could arrive in time for the game's 10th anniversary in November 2011.
UK Xbox boss Stephen McGill said only: "I imagine it's a good idea. I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching