343 remaking original Halo?
It appears that Microsoft studio 343 Industries, will be remaking the first Halo game ahead of the proper Halo 3 sequel due at the end of 2012.
343, who took over Halo duties after Bungie completed Halo: Reach, will apparently be remaking the original Halo using the Reach engine as a treat for fans prior to completing work on Halo 4.
The rumours come from industry chatter uncovered by UK magazine Games Master and they seem to indicate that the Halo: Combat Evolved remake could arrive in time for the game's 10th anniversary in November 2011.
UK Xbox boss Stephen McGill said only: "I imagine it's a good idea. I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too."
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: Old Blood a prequel to The New Order