UK industry tax breaks not off says Tory MP
The chairman of the select committee for the Culture Department of the British government, John Whittingdale has suggested that games industry tax breaks are still on the cards.
Whittingdale told Develop Online that tax breaks for the games industry were "not off the cards."
He said: "There is concern, rightly from the government, that for tax breaks to be initiated they have to be properly focused."
"We've had experience in the past," Whittingdale added, "with the film industrys tax breaks, that if these measures are not tightly drawn they can be abused. But I dont think you should accept that tax breaks are off the table."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light