UK industry tax breaks not off says Tory MP
The chairman of the select committee for the Culture Department of the British government, John Whittingdale has suggested that games industry tax breaks are still on the cards.
Whittingdale told Develop Online that tax breaks for the games industry were "not off the cards."
He said: "There is concern, rightly from the government, that for tax breaks to be initiated they have to be properly focused."
"We've had experience in the past," Whittingdale added, "with the film industrys tax breaks, that if these measures are not tightly drawn they can be abused. But I dont think you should accept that tax breaks are off the table."
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi