Sony: Over 50 3D titles in the works for PS3
Sony has announced that there are more than 50 3D titles in development for the PlayStation 3 at this moment in time.
Of the 50 3D games in development some 20 or so titles are being built by one of Sony's own studios which still leaves an impressive amount being built by third party developers.
SCEE's Mick Hocking said at this year's Develop in Liverpool Conference: "Overall we have more than fifty titles currently being converted into 3D, and this number if growing fast. Some of them are massive names. Thats a really, really good sign that the industry is behind our unique message that 3D is a key element in the future of home consoles."
He added: "We're actively talking to developers and publishers, and we're also offering training to them to help them get up to speed with 3D. 3D isnt just about adding depth to a picture developers need to know how to get the very best out of the technology on PS3 and we'll ensure that they do."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015