Sony: Over 50 3D titles in the works for PS3
Sony has announced that there are more than 50 3D titles in development for the PlayStation 3 at this moment in time.
Of the 50 3D games in development some 20 or so titles are being built by one of Sony's own studios which still leaves an impressive amount being built by third party developers.
SCEE's Mick Hocking said at this year's Develop in Liverpool Conference: "Overall we have more than fifty titles currently being converted into 3D, and this number if growing fast. Some of them are massive names. Thats a really, really good sign that the industry is behind our unique message that 3D is a key element in the future of home consoles."
He added: "We're actively talking to developers and publishers, and we're also offering training to them to help them get up to speed with 3D. 3D isnt just about adding depth to a picture developers need to know how to get the very best out of the technology on PS3 and we'll ensure that they do."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny