Sony: Over 50 3D titles in the works for PS3
Sony has announced that there are more than 50 3D titles in development for the PlayStation 3 at this moment in time.
Of the 50 3D games in development some 20 or so titles are being built by one of Sony's own studios which still leaves an impressive amount being built by third party developers.
SCEE's Mick Hocking said at this year's Develop in Liverpool Conference: "Overall we have more than fifty titles currently being converted into 3D, and this number if growing fast. Some of them are massive names. Thats a really, really good sign that the industry is behind our unique message that 3D is a key element in the future of home consoles."
He added: "We're actively talking to developers and publishers, and we're also offering training to them to help them get up to speed with 3D. 3D isnt just about adding depth to a picture developers need to know how to get the very best out of the technology on PS3 and we'll ensure that they do."
Thanks Develop Online.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes