Most recent Dragon Quest proves to be Japanese favourite
When a franchise has more than 30 entries, it can quickly become difficult to determine which one is the most well received. This is especially the case with Enix's Dragon Quest franchise, which has been in production for more than 20 years.
Square Enix, the publisher of the franchise after the recent merger, recently decided to determine once and for all which Dragon Quest title is the most popular by polling fans, reports AndriaSang. According to the survey, the most recent entry - Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - came out on top. The DS game sold more than 4 million copies worldwide.
Meanwhile, the PS2 release - Dragon Quest VIII - came in second, while the No. 3 spot was taken by Dragon Quest III for the original Nintendo.
Dragon Quest X is currently in development for the Nintendo Wii, though no release date has been confirmed.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title