Most recent Dragon Quest proves to be Japanese favourite
When a franchise has more than 30 entries, it can quickly become difficult to determine which one is the most well received. This is especially the case with Enix's Dragon Quest franchise, which has been in production for more than 20 years.
Square Enix, the publisher of the franchise after the recent merger, recently decided to determine once and for all which Dragon Quest title is the most popular by polling fans, reports AndriaSang. According to the survey, the most recent entry - Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - came out on top. The DS game sold more than 4 million copies worldwide.
Meanwhile, the PS2 release - Dragon Quest VIII - came in second, while the No. 3 spot was taken by Dragon Quest III for the original Nintendo.
Dragon Quest X is currently in development for the Nintendo Wii, though no release date has been confirmed.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free