Most recent Dragon Quest proves to be Japanese favourite
When a franchise has more than 30 entries, it can quickly become difficult to determine which one is the most well received. This is especially the case with Enix's Dragon Quest franchise, which has been in production for more than 20 years.
Square Enix, the publisher of the franchise after the recent merger, recently decided to determine once and for all which Dragon Quest title is the most popular by polling fans, reports AndriaSang. According to the survey, the most recent entry - Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - came out on top. The DS game sold more than 4 million copies worldwide.
Meanwhile, the PS2 release - Dragon Quest VIII - came in second, while the No. 3 spot was taken by Dragon Quest III for the original Nintendo.
Dragon Quest X is currently in development for the Nintendo Wii, though no release date has been confirmed.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO