Most recent Dragon Quest proves to be Japanese favourite
When a franchise has more than 30 entries, it can quickly become difficult to determine which one is the most well received. This is especially the case with Enix's Dragon Quest franchise, which has been in production for more than 20 years.
Square Enix, the publisher of the franchise after the recent merger, recently decided to determine once and for all which Dragon Quest title is the most popular by polling fans, reports AndriaSang. According to the survey, the most recent entry - Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - came out on top. The DS game sold more than 4 million copies worldwide.
Meanwhile, the PS2 release - Dragon Quest VIII - came in second, while the No. 3 spot was taken by Dragon Quest III for the original Nintendo.
Dragon Quest X is currently in development for the Nintendo Wii, though no release date has been confirmed.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3