Most recent Dragon Quest proves to be Japanese favourite
When a franchise has more than 30 entries, it can quickly become difficult to determine which one is the most well received. This is especially the case with Enix's Dragon Quest franchise, which has been in production for more than 20 years.
Square Enix, the publisher of the franchise after the recent merger, recently decided to determine once and for all which Dragon Quest title is the most popular by polling fans, reports AndriaSang. According to the survey, the most recent entry - Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - came out on top. The DS game sold more than 4 million copies worldwide.
Meanwhile, the PS2 release - Dragon Quest VIII - came in second, while the No. 3 spot was taken by Dragon Quest III for the original Nintendo.
Dragon Quest X is currently in development for the Nintendo Wii, though no release date has been confirmed.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching