Call of Duty: Black Ops scores some big online play figures on launch day
It seems that, despite fears that Black Ops would not match Modern Warfare 2 it has still managed to clock up some impressive multiplayer numbers on launch day.
Treyarch's Josh Olin remarked on his Twitter account that there were almost one million player logged on and playing Black Ops at one point during the first day of sale.
Olin said: "Am I getting solid intel? Is there really almost 1,000,000 players on Xbox LIVE right now?"
On the PC alone Steam figures showed that the multiplayer mode of Black Ops peaked at 77,609 players at one point eclipsing PC stalwart titles like CounterStrike.
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria