Call of Duty: Black Ops scores some big online play figures on launch day
It seems that, despite fears that Black Ops would not match Modern Warfare 2 it has still managed to clock up some impressive multiplayer numbers on launch day.
Treyarch's Josh Olin remarked on his Twitter account that there were almost one million player logged on and playing Black Ops at one point during the first day of sale.
Olin said: "Am I getting solid intel? Is there really almost 1,000,000 players on Xbox LIVE right now?"
On the PC alone Steam figures showed that the multiplayer mode of Black Ops peaked at 77,609 players at one point eclipsing PC stalwart titles like CounterStrike.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat