Call of Duty: Black Ops scores some big online play figures on launch day
It seems that, despite fears that Black Ops would not match Modern Warfare 2 it has still managed to clock up some impressive multiplayer numbers on launch day.
Treyarch's Josh Olin remarked on his Twitter account that there were almost one million player logged on and playing Black Ops at one point during the first day of sale.
Olin said: "Am I getting solid intel? Is there really almost 1,000,000 players on Xbox LIVE right now?"
On the PC alone Steam figures showed that the multiplayer mode of Black Ops peaked at 77,609 players at one point eclipsing PC stalwart titles like CounterStrike.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey