Call of Duty: Black Ops scores some big online play figures on launch day
It seems that, despite fears that Black Ops would not match Modern Warfare 2 it has still managed to clock up some impressive multiplayer numbers on launch day.
Treyarch's Josh Olin remarked on his Twitter account that there were almost one million player logged on and playing Black Ops at one point during the first day of sale.
Olin said: "Am I getting solid intel? Is there really almost 1,000,000 players on Xbox LIVE right now?"
On the PC alone Steam figures showed that the multiplayer mode of Black Ops peaked at 77,609 players at one point eclipsing PC stalwart titles like CounterStrike.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year