Call of Duty: Black Ops scores some big online play figures on launch day
It seems that, despite fears that Black Ops would not match Modern Warfare 2 it has still managed to clock up some impressive multiplayer numbers on launch day.
Treyarch's Josh Olin remarked on his Twitter account that there were almost one million player logged on and playing Black Ops at one point during the first day of sale.
Olin said: "Am I getting solid intel? Is there really almost 1,000,000 players on Xbox LIVE right now?"
On the PC alone Steam figures showed that the multiplayer mode of Black Ops peaked at 77,609 players at one point eclipsing PC stalwart titles like CounterStrike.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light