Divnich: NBA Elite 11 would have killed EA's NBA brand
EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich has been speaking in support of EA Sports' decision to can NBA Elite 11 after its horrendous demo.
Divnich explained to IndustryGamers that had NBA Elite 11 been released it would have damaged the franchise beyond repair.
He said: "Releasing Elite 11 would have damaged their brand beyond repair. Cancelling Elite 11 when it was ready to ship was audacious, but the correct decision. EA made the best out of a bad situation."
Divnich continued: "It is a long uphill battle for EA to regain market share within the Basketball sub-genre, but it can be done. The loyalty within the sports category is significantly stronger than others, and it often takes two to three high-quality iterations before consumers are willing to migrate, which we have seen within the Football, Soccer, Baseball, and Hockey genres."
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April