Divnich: NBA Elite 11 would have killed EA's NBA brand
EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich has been speaking in support of EA Sports' decision to can NBA Elite 11 after its horrendous demo.
Divnich explained to IndustryGamers that had NBA Elite 11 been released it would have damaged the franchise beyond repair.
He said: "Releasing Elite 11 would have damaged their brand beyond repair. Cancelling Elite 11 when it was ready to ship was audacious, but the correct decision. EA made the best out of a bad situation."
Divnich continued: "It is a long uphill battle for EA to regain market share within the Basketball sub-genre, but it can be done. The loyalty within the sports category is significantly stronger than others, and it often takes two to three high-quality iterations before consumers are willing to migrate, which we have seen within the Football, Soccer, Baseball, and Hockey genres."
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime