Divnich: NBA Elite 11 would have killed EA's NBA brand
EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich has been speaking in support of EA Sports' decision to can NBA Elite 11 after its horrendous demo.
Divnich explained to IndustryGamers that had NBA Elite 11 been released it would have damaged the franchise beyond repair.
He said: "Releasing Elite 11 would have damaged their brand beyond repair. Cancelling Elite 11 when it was ready to ship was audacious, but the correct decision. EA made the best out of a bad situation."
Divnich continued: "It is a long uphill battle for EA to regain market share within the Basketball sub-genre, but it can be done. The loyalty within the sports category is significantly stronger than others, and it often takes two to three high-quality iterations before consumers are willing to migrate, which we have seen within the Football, Soccer, Baseball, and Hockey genres."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey