GameStop backs Kinect to win the Christmas battle
US retail giant GameStop has stepped up to back Kinect to win the motion control wars this Christmas.
GameStop's Bob McKenzie told Eurogamer that Kinect is looking much healthier than Move despite Sony's controller having a two-month head start.
McKenzie explained: "I'd say right now Microsoft's Kinect is looking to be the winner of the two for us. We're very happy with the sell through over the weekend. It has met our expectations and actually exceeded our initial forecasts."
He continued: "I do have them both obviously and the Move sports bundle is a great option but I knew for my family with an eight-year-old daughter and ten-year-old boy that Kinect was really going to be the thing that was more geared towards my household."
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though