GameStop backs Kinect to win the Christmas battle
US retail giant GameStop has stepped up to back Kinect to win the motion control wars this Christmas.
GameStop's Bob McKenzie told Eurogamer that Kinect is looking much healthier than Move despite Sony's controller having a two-month head start.
McKenzie explained: "I'd say right now Microsoft's Kinect is looking to be the winner of the two for us. We're very happy with the sell through over the weekend. It has met our expectations and actually exceeded our initial forecasts."
He continued: "I do have them both obviously and the Move sports bundle is a great option but I knew for my family with an eight-year-old daughter and ten-year-old boy that Kinect was really going to be the thing that was more geared towards my household."
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow