GameStop backs Kinect to win the Christmas battle
US retail giant GameStop has stepped up to back Kinect to win the motion control wars this Christmas.
GameStop's Bob McKenzie told Eurogamer that Kinect is looking much healthier than Move despite Sony's controller having a two-month head start.
McKenzie explained: "I'd say right now Microsoft's Kinect is looking to be the winner of the two for us. We're very happy with the sell through over the weekend. It has met our expectations and actually exceeded our initial forecasts."
He continued: "I do have them both obviously and the Move sports bundle is a great option but I knew for my family with an eight-year-old daughter and ten-year-old boy that Kinect was really going to be the thing that was more geared towards my household."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like