GameStop backs Kinect to win the Christmas battle
US retail giant GameStop has stepped up to back Kinect to win the motion control wars this Christmas.
GameStop's Bob McKenzie told Eurogamer that Kinect is looking much healthier than Move despite Sony's controller having a two-month head start.
McKenzie explained: "I'd say right now Microsoft's Kinect is looking to be the winner of the two for us. We're very happy with the sell through over the weekend. It has met our expectations and actually exceeded our initial forecasts."
He continued: "I do have them both obviously and the Move sports bundle is a great option but I knew for my family with an eight-year-old daughter and ten-year-old boy that Kinect was really going to be the thing that was more geared towards my household."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III