GameStop backs Kinect to win the Christmas battle
US retail giant GameStop has stepped up to back Kinect to win the motion control wars this Christmas.
GameStop's Bob McKenzie told Eurogamer that Kinect is looking much healthier than Move despite Sony's controller having a two-month head start.
McKenzie explained: "I'd say right now Microsoft's Kinect is looking to be the winner of the two for us. We're very happy with the sell through over the weekend. It has met our expectations and actually exceeded our initial forecasts."
He continued: "I do have them both obviously and the Move sports bundle is a great option but I knew for my family with an eight-year-old daughter and ten-year-old boy that Kinect was really going to be the thing that was more geared towards my household."
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront