Analyst: Black Ops will sell 20 percent less than Modern Warfare 2
One analyst expects that Call of Duty: Black Ops will sell somewhere in the region of 20 percent less than Modern Warfare 2 did.
Doug Creutz of Cowan and Company has made his negative estimate despite Black Ops pre-orders outstripping that of Modern Warfare 2.
Creutz explained: "This includes an assumption that the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops comps negatively against last year's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, despite the fact that on several pre-release metrics cited by management Black Ops is tracking ahead of Modern Warfare 2. We think management's guidance implies Black Ops units down roughly 20 per cent versus Modern Warfare 2."
Call of Duty: Black Ops launches worldwide tomorrow on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii with a recommended retail price of 54.99 GBP.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access