EA announced free-to-play Battlefield game
EA dropped a big bomb on the online shooter market by announcing a new free-to-play Battlefield title.
Battlefield Play4Free will offer a much more serious experience than the already-successful Battlefield: Heroes.
It will bring the intense FPS online action that the Battlefield series is known for to a free-to-play model building on the success of BF: Heroes.
Senior producer for the game James Salt said: "We broke new ground in 2009 with the launch of Battlefield Heroes; a game that has 6M registered players worldwide. Now we are complementing that arcade shooter with a core, realistic Battlefield shooter experience that fans have been clamouring for. Battlefield Play4Free is for serious shooter fans who are looking for a premium - but free - experience that rivals top console titles."
Battlefield Play4Free will launch in spring 2011 for browsers with a beta test phase beginning on November the 30th. To register visit the Battlefield Play4Free official site.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light