EA announced free-to-play Battlefield game
EA dropped a big bomb on the online shooter market by announcing a new free-to-play Battlefield title.
Battlefield Play4Free will offer a much more serious experience than the already-successful Battlefield: Heroes.
It will bring the intense FPS online action that the Battlefield series is known for to a free-to-play model building on the success of BF: Heroes.
Senior producer for the game James Salt said: "We broke new ground in 2009 with the launch of Battlefield Heroes; a game that has 6M registered players worldwide. Now we are complementing that arcade shooter with a core, realistic Battlefield shooter experience that fans have been clamouring for. Battlefield Play4Free is for serious shooter fans who are looking for a premium - but free - experience that rivals top console titles."
Battlefield Play4Free will launch in spring 2011 for browsers with a beta test phase beginning on November the 30th. To register visit the Battlefield Play4Free official site.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO