EA announced free-to-play Battlefield game
EA dropped a big bomb on the online shooter market by announcing a new free-to-play Battlefield title.
Battlefield Play4Free will offer a much more serious experience than the already-successful Battlefield: Heroes.
It will bring the intense FPS online action that the Battlefield series is known for to a free-to-play model building on the success of BF: Heroes.
Senior producer for the game James Salt said: "We broke new ground in 2009 with the launch of Battlefield Heroes; a game that has 6M registered players worldwide. Now we are complementing that arcade shooter with a core, realistic Battlefield shooter experience that fans have been clamouring for. Battlefield Play4Free is for serious shooter fans who are looking for a premium - but free - experience that rivals top console titles."
Battlefield Play4Free will launch in spring 2011 for browsers with a beta test phase beginning on November the 30th. To register visit the Battlefield Play4Free official site.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too