EA announced free-to-play Battlefield game
EA dropped a big bomb on the online shooter market by announcing a new free-to-play Battlefield title.
Battlefield Play4Free will offer a much more serious experience than the already-successful Battlefield: Heroes.
It will bring the intense FPS online action that the Battlefield series is known for to a free-to-play model building on the success of BF: Heroes.
Senior producer for the game James Salt said: "We broke new ground in 2009 with the launch of Battlefield Heroes; a game that has 6M registered players worldwide. Now we are complementing that arcade shooter with a core, realistic Battlefield shooter experience that fans have been clamouring for. Battlefield Play4Free is for serious shooter fans who are looking for a premium - but free - experience that rivals top console titles."
Battlefield Play4Free will launch in spring 2011 for browsers with a beta test phase beginning on November the 30th. To register visit the Battlefield Play4Free official site.
- Star Citizen hits 55 million USD in funding and makes the Guinness Book Of World Records
- New PS Vita update brings in Themes
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks