EA announced free-to-play Battlefield game
EA dropped a big bomb on the online shooter market by announcing a new free-to-play Battlefield title.
Battlefield Play4Free will offer a much more serious experience than the already-successful Battlefield: Heroes.
It will bring the intense FPS online action that the Battlefield series is known for to a free-to-play model building on the success of BF: Heroes.
Senior producer for the game James Salt said: "We broke new ground in 2009 with the launch of Battlefield Heroes; a game that has 6M registered players worldwide. Now we are complementing that arcade shooter with a core, realistic Battlefield shooter experience that fans have been clamouring for. Battlefield Play4Free is for serious shooter fans who are looking for a premium - but free - experience that rivals top console titles."
Battlefield Play4Free will launch in spring 2011 for browsers with a beta test phase beginning on November the 30th. To register visit the Battlefield Play4Free official site.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access