Square Enix confirms Mindjack for a January release
Japanese publisher Square Enix has announced its upcoming third-person shooter Mindjack will hit American retail shelves on January 18, while it's due for Japan on the 27. No European release date has been confirmed as of yet.
Mindjack is a shooter for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 where players can take control of various characters and play as them. It will feature both co-op and competitive multiplayer modes in which players can enter others' single player campaigns, similar to 2009's action RPG Demon's Souls.
The game is being produced by Feelplus, a Japanese studio best known for creating ports and assisting other developers' projects. Feelplus most recently ported No More Heroes for the high-definition consoles.
Mindjack was originally due for release sometime during 2010, but was subsequently delayed.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent