Square Enix confirms Mindjack for a January release
Japanese publisher Square Enix has announced its upcoming third-person shooter Mindjack will hit American retail shelves on January 18, while it's due for Japan on the 27. No European release date has been confirmed as of yet.
Mindjack is a shooter for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 where players can take control of various characters and play as them. It will feature both co-op and competitive multiplayer modes in which players can enter others' single player campaigns, similar to 2009's action RPG Demon's Souls.
The game is being produced by Feelplus, a Japanese studio best known for creating ports and assisting other developers' projects. Feelplus most recently ported No More Heroes for the high-definition consoles.
Mindjack was originally due for release sometime during 2010, but was subsequently delayed.
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD