Square Enix confirms Mindjack for a January release
Japanese publisher Square Enix has announced its upcoming third-person shooter Mindjack will hit American retail shelves on January 18, while it's due for Japan on the 27. No European release date has been confirmed as of yet.
Mindjack is a shooter for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 where players can take control of various characters and play as them. It will feature both co-op and competitive multiplayer modes in which players can enter others' single player campaigns, similar to 2009's action RPG Demon's Souls.
The game is being produced by Feelplus, a Japanese studio best known for creating ports and assisting other developers' projects. Feelplus most recently ported No More Heroes for the high-definition consoles.
Mindjack was originally due for release sometime during 2010, but was subsequently delayed.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today