Square Enix confirms Mindjack for a January release
Japanese publisher Square Enix has announced its upcoming third-person shooter Mindjack will hit American retail shelves on January 18, while it's due for Japan on the 27. No European release date has been confirmed as of yet.
Mindjack is a shooter for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 where players can take control of various characters and play as them. It will feature both co-op and competitive multiplayer modes in which players can enter others' single player campaigns, similar to 2009's action RPG Demon's Souls.
The game is being produced by Feelplus, a Japanese studio best known for creating ports and assisting other developers' projects. Feelplus most recently ported No More Heroes for the high-definition consoles.
Mindjack was originally due for release sometime during 2010, but was subsequently delayed.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though