Epic anticipates iPhones will be able to run Gears in 2 years
Epic has been a big supporter of Apple's portable devices, recently even announcing Infinity Blade, a game designed exclusively for Apple platforms.
Naturally, the company expects big things from the ever-evolving hardware. According to Donald Mustard, a spokesperson for Epic, the iPhone may be able to run games with graphics on par with Gears of War.
"I think its going to be an interesting future, especially if in two years we can really run Gears of War on an iPhone," he told Eurogamer. "If not two years, then certainly five years. "Well, it could be as soon as two years but within five years that will certainly be the case. It will at least be powerful enough to do that."
While Epic is backing Apple's platforms, it has not shown similar support to other handhelds, such as the upcoming Nintendo 3DS. In fact, the company recently stated that the 3DS was not powerful enough to support the company's proprietary Unreal Engine.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat