Darksiders 2 confirmed by THQ
American publisher THQ has officially confirmed that Darksiders 2 is in development. The announcement was earlier made earlier today during a financial conference call with investors.
The confirmation of the game was the only good piece of news to come from THQ's second quarter financials. The company reported a net loss of $5.6 million over last year, though this was expected.
"This holiday begins the consistent flow of quality products that weve been investing in over the past two years," said CEO Brian Farrell in a statement. "Our December quarter will be led by WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 and our new uDraw GameTablet. Key releases for our March quarter include our new core game franchise Homefront as well as WWE All Stars, UFC Personal Trainerand de Blob 2."
A sequel for the game has long been rumored after Darksiders surprised investors with a warm commercial reception, selling more than 300,000 copies in its opening month.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny