Darksiders 2 confirmed by THQ
American publisher THQ has officially confirmed that Darksiders 2 is in development. The announcement was earlier made earlier today during a financial conference call with investors.
The confirmation of the game was the only good piece of news to come from THQ's second quarter financials. The company reported a net loss of $5.6 million over last year, though this was expected.
"This holiday begins the consistent flow of quality products that weve been investing in over the past two years," said CEO Brian Farrell in a statement. "Our December quarter will be led by WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 and our new uDraw GameTablet. Key releases for our March quarter include our new core game franchise Homefront as well as WWE All Stars, UFC Personal Trainerand de Blob 2."
A sequel for the game has long been rumored after Darksiders surprised investors with a warm commercial reception, selling more than 300,000 copies in its opening month.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title