Darksiders 2 confirmed by THQ
American publisher THQ has officially confirmed that Darksiders 2 is in development. The announcement was earlier made earlier today during a financial conference call with investors.
The confirmation of the game was the only good piece of news to come from THQ's second quarter financials. The company reported a net loss of $5.6 million over last year, though this was expected.
"This holiday begins the consistent flow of quality products that weve been investing in over the past two years," said CEO Brian Farrell in a statement. "Our December quarter will be led by WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 and our new uDraw GameTablet. Key releases for our March quarter include our new core game franchise Homefront as well as WWE All Stars, UFC Personal Trainerand de Blob 2."
A sequel for the game has long been rumored after Darksiders surprised investors with a warm commercial reception, selling more than 300,000 copies in its opening month.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter