Darksiders 2 confirmed by THQ
American publisher THQ has officially confirmed that Darksiders 2 is in development. The announcement was earlier made earlier today during a financial conference call with investors.
The confirmation of the game was the only good piece of news to come from THQ's second quarter financials. The company reported a net loss of $5.6 million over last year, though this was expected.
"This holiday begins the consistent flow of quality products that weve been investing in over the past two years," said CEO Brian Farrell in a statement. "Our December quarter will be led by WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 and our new uDraw GameTablet. Key releases for our March quarter include our new core game franchise Homefront as well as WWE All Stars, UFC Personal Trainerand de Blob 2."
A sequel for the game has long been rumored after Darksiders surprised investors with a warm commercial reception, selling more than 300,000 copies in its opening month.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update