Darksiders 2 confirmed by THQ
American publisher THQ has officially confirmed that Darksiders 2 is in development. The announcement was earlier made earlier today during a financial conference call with investors.
The confirmation of the game was the only good piece of news to come from THQ's second quarter financials. The company reported a net loss of $5.6 million over last year, though this was expected.
"This holiday begins the consistent flow of quality products that weve been investing in over the past two years," said CEO Brian Farrell in a statement. "Our December quarter will be led by WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 and our new uDraw GameTablet. Key releases for our March quarter include our new core game franchise Homefront as well as WWE All Stars, UFC Personal Trainerand de Blob 2."
A sequel for the game has long been rumored after Darksiders surprised investors with a warm commercial reception, selling more than 300,000 copies in its opening month.
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4