Call of Duty: Black Ops facing cuts for Japanese release
Several elements of Call of Duty: Black ops will be cut from the final localised versions that Square Enix will be distributing in Japan.
Firstly, all dubbed versions of the game on PC and console will have the swastikas removed from the Nazi zombies mode and replaced with Iron Crosses. This does not apply to subtitled versions however.
In addition to this all content that falls under the tag of "expressions of brutality" have also been removed from Black Ops. This means that the scenes of dismemberment have been removed along with one particularly graphic interrogation scene.
These changes will apply to all versions on console and PC released in Japan.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date